Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN) in the last few weeks:
- 2/9/2017 – Penn National Gaming is now covered by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They set a “hold” rating and a $14.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/8/2017 – Penn National Gaming was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Penn National Gaming, Inc. are a diversified gaming and pari-mutuel wagering company. Their business strategy is focused on exploiting the higher margins and more stable cash flows associated with gaming operations compared to pari-mutuel operations. “
- 2/6/2017 – Penn National Gaming had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $20.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/27/2017 – Penn National Gaming is now covered by analysts at Buckingham Research. They set a “buy” rating and a $17.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/5/2017 – Penn National Gaming was downgraded by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co from an “overweight” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $18.00.
- 12/29/2016 – Penn National Gaming was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Penn National Gaming, Inc. are a diversified gaming and pari-mutuel wagering company. Their business strategy is focused on exploiting the higher margins and more stable cash flows associated with gaming operations compared to pari-mutuel operations. “
Shares of Penn National Gaming, Inc. (NASDAQ:PENN) opened at 13.97 on Monday. Penn National Gaming, Inc. has a 52-week low of $11.93 and a 52-week high of $17.40. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $13.79 and a 200-day moving average price of $13.84. The stock has a market capitalization of $1.16 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 11.74 and a beta of 0.88.
Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) last released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, February 2nd. The company reported $0.05 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of ($0.14) by $0.19. Penn National Gaming had a negative return on equity of 18.12% and a net margin of 3.60%. The business earned $742.90 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $747.56 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted ($0.11) earnings per share. Penn National Gaming’s revenue for the quarter was up 1.2% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts anticipate that Penn National Gaming, Inc. will post $0.41 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Penn National Gaming news, EVP Carl Sottosanti sold 37,598 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, November 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $13.86, for a total transaction of $521,108.28. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now owns 35,696 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $494,746.56. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Insiders own 11.10% of the company’s stock.
Penn National Gaming, Inc (Penn) is an owner and manager of gaming and racing facilities and video gaming terminal operations with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company’s segments include the East/Midwest, the West and the Southern Plains segment. East/Midwest segment consists of various properties, including Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, Hollywood Casino Bangor, Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg, Hollywood Casino Toledo, Hollywood Casino Columbus, Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway and Plainridge Park Casino.
This story was originally published by sleekmoney (http://sleekmoney.com) and is the sole property of sleekmoney. If you are reading this article on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. You can view the original version of this story at http://sleekmoney.com/penn-national-gaming-penn-research-analysts-recent-ratings-updates/1657762.html
Receive News & Ratings for Penn National Gaming Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Penn National Gaming Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.