A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Xylem (NYSE: XYL) recently:
- 2/8/2017 – Xylem had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/6/2017 – Xylem was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Over the last one year, Xylem’s shares have marginally outperformed the Zacks categorized Machinery-General Industrial industry. The company reported mixed fourth-quarter 2016 results. Quarterly earnings surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate, however revenues missed the same. The company anticipates boosting its revenues and profitability on improved public utility, residential and construction market business in certain niche markets. Xylem further intends to reinforce its financial fundamentals on the back of new investments, acquisitions, improved volumes, greater cost discipline and strategic initiatives aimed at operational enhancement. However, persistent weakness within the company’s industrial end markets might limit near-term growth. Fragile energy market conditions, a strong U.S. dollar and extensive industry rivalry might hurt Xylem’s results in the quarters ahead.”
- 2/3/2017 – Xylem had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada from $55.00 to $56.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 2/3/2017 – Xylem had its price target raised by analysts at RBC Capital Markets from $55.00 to $56.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/3/2017 – Xylem was upgraded by analysts at Boenning Scattergood from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/1/2017 – Xylem was downgraded by analysts at Gabelli from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/12/2017 – Xylem was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Post third-quarter 2016 earnings release, Xylem’s shares have underperformed compared with the Zacks categorized Machinery-General Industrial industry. The company is currently exposed to various types of legal, political and macroeconomic headwinds. The Brexit-induced political uncertainty, soft energy resource prices and the constantly appreciating U.S. currency have been hurting the company’s revenues and profitability. The company’s operating margins are highly sensitive to several input price fluctuations. Notably, dependence on third-partly supplies, stiff industry rivalry and risk of dismal climatic conditions remain significant factors of concern.”
- 1/11/2017 – Xylem had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.. They now have a $56.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $58.00.
- 12/28/2016 – Xylem had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at RBC Capital Markets. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock.
Xylem Inc. (NYSE:XYL) traded up 0.888% during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $48.305. The stock had a trading volume of 1,284,789 shares. The stock has a market cap of $8.67 billion, a PE ratio of 33.314 and a beta of 1.21. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $49.13 and its 200-day moving average price is $50.06. Xylem Inc. has a 1-year low of $36.42 and a 1-year high of $54.99.
Xylem (NYSE:XYL) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, February 2nd. The company reported $0.66 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.65 by $0.01. The company had revenue of $1.10 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.13 billion. Xylem had a net margin of 6.89% and a return on equity of 16.64%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 10.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.60 earnings per share. On average, equities analysts expect that Xylem Inc. will post $2.29 earnings per share for the current year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Wednesday, March 15th. Stockholders of record on Thursday, February 16th will be paid a dividend of $0.18 per share. This represents a $0.72 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.50%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, February 14th. This is a boost from Xylem’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.15. Xylem’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 42.76%.
Xylem Inc is engaged in the design, manufacturing, and application of engineered technologies for the water industry. The Company is an equipment and service provider for water and wastewater applications with a portfolio of products and services addressing the cycle of water, from collection, distribution and use to the return of water to the environment.
This story was originally published by sleekmoney (http://sleekmoney.com) and is the sole property of sleekmoney. If you are reading this article on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. You can view the original version of this story at http://sleekmoney.com/xylem-xyl-analysts-weekly-ratings-changes/1658680.html
Receive News & Ratings for Xylem Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Xylem Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.